Thursday, August 6, 2015

Simply American Pinto Bean Burgers

So it's basically the last full month of summer. It's sad I know. But there are still plenty weekends left for grilling or just having a quick dinner. I consider myself Mostly Vegetarian, as in, I have some meat once in a while, but mainly live on fruit, veggies, nuts, and seeds. I'm like a fairy who craves meat sometimes. My Bean Barely and Kale burgers are nice and all, when my kale isn't frozen for soups...yeah. Also sometimes I just crave a meaty-ish burger with "American flavor" you know, ketchup, mustard, pickles... basically the classic American Cheeseburger. While searching the web for a good recipe, every single one I found seemed to take 2 hours to make and you had to add the tears of a unicorn, fairy dust and dance around the bowl singing kumbaya. I'm kidding of course, but I didn't see the point of using the same basic ingredients and 3 different methods ( that took hours) for the same type of burger. So I made my own.



Also I don't want the carbs of a big cheeseburger on a wheat bun...so I stuff the burger in a low carb Pita.  Pictured is a Vegan version ( no cheese).  It's a simple and great recipe, plus you can freeze the burgers after baking for using later.  Remember to try to use Organic. 
  
Simply American Pinto Bean Burgers 

* 1 and 1/2 Cup Cooked Pinto Beans 
* 2 Tbsp Ketchup 
* 1 Tbsp Mustard
* 1 tsp Liquid Smoke 
* 1 Can Mushrooms, Drained 
* 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
* 1/2 tsp Onion Powder 
* 1/4 tsp Sriracha
* 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce ( optional) 
* 1 cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs ( You may add more if needed) 

Directions: 

Mash the beans with a fork till mostly mashed, but small bean halves remain. Add in wet ingredients and seasonings. Mix well. Add in bread crumbs till a soft "dough" is formed. With a spoon drop mixture onto a prepared pan, shape into patties. Bake at 400, for 7 minutes on each side. Enjoy with preferred toppings and bread ( or just lettuce) 

Enjoy :) 

This is the Cheeseburger version. No that's not a bug on the plate, it's a bean crumb. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment