Friday, October 23, 2015

Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Fries

I'm back, though you probably were not aware that I'd left...other than no new posts. Lets just say September and most of October have been busy. Majorly busy. Lots of life changes ( new kitten), lots of work ( I've been selling at the Farmer's Market! ) , then my usual doctor visit.  But today I'm back, with a yummy recipe for the cool weather. With Halloween coming up you might be like me and having something simple, like burgers. I'm doing a craft and artisan fair ( with my new Christmas herbal tea line!) on Halloween, so after I get home it'll be a quick meal and horror movie marathon ( our town does trick or treat on the 30th this year, bummer,  I always like it on the actual day).  Anyway, these fries. Oh my. I've seen recipes for either sweet potato fries or Butternut fries...so I decided to mix the two legendary fall veggies and have the best of both worlds. Yum!



They're amazing, I just ate most of this bowl. They're that good. Actually so good I'd eat the whole bowl, but I shared.

As for my Christmas teas I mentioned , I'll tell you all about them. :)  First is my Mountain Christmas Tea, it's basically all the flavors of Christmas into one amazing herbal tea. It's sweet, refreshing, and cozy.

Next is my Merry Berry Christmas tea, it's sweet, yet slightly tangy and would make sugar plum faeries dance with glee. 

Then there is Peppermint Dreams, it's well..minty lol with a touch of birch and vanilla.

Gingersnap is my mother's favorite. It's well..gingery, with cinnamon and cloves and other sweetness in it. It's comforting and would accompany gingerbread men cookies quite well.


So that's a bit about my teas check Etsy, or my business page, or just message me on facebook to order one. :) Of course I won't list them on Etsy and my business page till November.


On to the fries! Remember to try to use organic! 




Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Fries


* 1 Small Butternut Squash
* 1 Large Sweet Potato 
* 2 Tbsp Olive oil 
* 1/2 tsp Garlic powder 
* 1/2 tsp Mrs. Dash seasoning
* 1/4 tsp Thyme 
* 1/4 tsp Sage 
* 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar 
* 1/4 tsp Sriracha 

Directions : 


Preheat oven to 425 degrees. 
Peel the Butternut Squash with a vegetable peeler ( cut off the top with the stem first) , cut in half, scoop out the seeds.  I prefer to cut off the bottom and slice it up, and simply cut off the stringy stuff. This gives me more squash so nothing is left to waste. Next peel and slice up your sweet potato. Add squash and potato to a large bowl. In a small bowl combine the last 7 ingredients and mix well.  Pour the seasoning onto the fries, coat the fries well.  Pour the fries into a pan ( though I prefer to bake the fries on a rack in a pan for more even baking) with parchment paper. Bake for 35 minutes or until done.  

Enjoy :)  
   


No comments:

Post a Comment